If you are ready to hire a professional service for your floor work, then you need to do some homework. You should always investigate any company you are entrusting with your business or home floors. You want them to be professional, have a good reputation, provide references, and be economical. So be sure and check out three or four services to compare them and allow you to have enough choices to compare.
In order to get professional quality service for your hard surface floors, the professional janitorial floor company should be asking you some questions. Professional floor technicians have to know your floors, your business and your objective.
These are some questions a professional janitorial service should ask you:
1. What type and age are your floors?
2. What type of business and traffic is on this floor?
3. What are the main problems with this floor?
4. Have you liked or disliked anything done in the past?
5. Are you concerned with appearance, durability, slipping or static?
6. What do you want the final product to look like, high gloss, matte?
7. Will you need regular floor maintenance, like spray buffing or scrub and recoat?
8. Will the floor techs need to move furniture?
9. Do you need this to be completed by a certain date?
10. Are you working with a certain budget?
A professional floor company should come to you and evaluate your floor and discuss the ideal floor care for your situation. They will then take your information back their office and consult with floor technicians to come up with the best procedure and price. Many professionals will take before and after shots to show off their expert work. A manager should give a final inspection and give you a follow up call to see if everything turned out the way you wanted. Honestly express your opinion on the quality of work. Professional janitorial floor companies will appreciate the feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve their service.
Here are questions you should ask before hiring a professional janitorial floor service:
1. Do you service our area of town?
2. What are your payment terms?
3. How long have you been in business?
4. Are you licensed and insured?
5. Do you guarantee your work?
6. Who do I speak with if I am unhappy with the services?
7. Can you provide references?
8. Will you give a free estimate of the price and how much time it will take?
9. Do you have solutions for all types of budgets?
10. Do you provide a floor maintenance program?
With these questions answered, you should be at ease with whomever you choose as your professional janitorial floor service. If the professional janitorial floor service did everything they said in a timely manner and you were happy, please let them know and give them a good referral.